At Richfield Community Education, we provide opportunities for enrichment and recreation activities where youth can explore and experience areas of interest, build skills and relationships and establish community connections. Our activities are presented in a fun and safe environment with plenty of hands-on involvement. From cooking to martial arts, drama, arts and crafts, languages and sports, we have something for everyone!
Financial assistance is available on a limited basis to help with the activity fees. Visit our Richfield R.E.A.D.Y. page to learn more or call 612-243-3000.
After School Programs
After school classes meet at Centennial, Sheridan Hills, Richfield Dual Language and Richfield STEM schools. Additional youth enrichment classes meet on evenings, school release days and during the summer. Seasonal youth flyers are sent home with students from school and are included in the citywide Community Education catalog.
Release Day Activities
We offer fun, hands-on experiences for students on most school release days. Many programs are co-sponsored with the City of Richfield. Look for the seasonal flyer distributed through Richfield schools.
There are plenty of fun activities to keep students busy during the summer! From art classes to babysitter training programs, we will help youth make the most of their summer.
- Register online through Eleyo.
- Download and complete the registration form and then send it in. Make checks payable to ISD #280 Or include your credit card information. You can get it to us in one of four ways:
- Email it to: email@example.com
- Fax it to: 612-243-3067
- Drop it off at the Central Education Center (7145 Harriet Avenue South). Our office hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Mail it to:
Richfield Community Education
7145 Harriet Avenue South
Richfield, MN 55423
Important Details for Registering
- You must register and pay any fees in advance for all classes and activities.
- No walk-ins or payments at the class or event, unless otherwise noted.
- Registration begins when you receive your catalog and remains open until each class is filled or cancelled.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to register early.
- Your email address is used for your registration confirmation and receipt, and for a reminder when your class is coming up. Please include your email and keep it updated in your account.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Customer initiated cancellations received within five or more business days prior to the start of the class will qualify for a refund minus a non-refundable $10 processing fee. Cancellations made fewer than five business days prior to the start date of activity/class will not be eligible for a refund. Send or deliver cancellation or change requests in writing.
Community Education reserves the right to cancel any activity/class that does not meet minimum enrollment. You will be contacted and complete refunds will be given when this occurs.
Additional Registration Notes
- Confirmations: When you register with a valid email address, you will receive an immediate receipt/confirmation. No news is good news, so if you do not hear from us assume you are in the class.
- Accommodations: If you need a sign language interpreter, note taker or other accommodations to participate in Community Education classes, we are here to help! Please provide at least ten days notice if possible.
- For adult classes, call the Learning Exchange at 952-681-6121.
- For youth and other classes, call 612-243-3000.
- Age restrictions: Note the age or grade level specified for each class. Adult classes are open to individuals age 16 or older unless otherwise indicated.
- UCare MN: Members of UCare-eligible plans can receive $15 off their Community Education class. The UCare ID number must be provided when registering. Most plans allow three or more yearly discounts.
- Inclement Weather: Decisions for cancellations due to weather generally follow Richfield Public Schools guidelines and will be posted on local news sources, Facebook and Twitter. We will also do our best to contact participants if we have current contact information.
- ECFE Classes: Early Childhood Family Education parent and child registration is based on your child's age as of September 1.
- ECFE Sibling Care: Sibling care is available for ECFE classes on a limited basis. Registration is required.
- After School Youth Classes: Send a note to your child’s teacher with your after school class dates. Children check-in after school at the advertised classroom. Parents must pick up their child immediately after the class ends at the advertised location.