Early Childhood Family Education
Geared towards parents with children ages birth to 5-year-old, our Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) parent education program offers classes and events to help you learn about stages of child development, connect with other parents and have fun!
A typical ECFE class includes parent discussion by a licensed parent educator, while children learn together in an early childhood classroom. Parents and children later join each other for fun learning activities. In some classes, parents and children spend the entire time interacting and learning together. Classes meet all school year. Sign up for the full year or one semester at a time. Sibling care is available for ECFE classes on a limited basis and registration is required.
Classes are held at the Central Education Center and at other locations in Richfield. Payment is based on a sliding fee scale. No families will be turned away due to inability to pay. Use your family’s annual income and ECFE’s sliding fee scale to determine class fee.
|Program||level 1||level 2||level 3||level 4|
Determine Your Level
|Family Size||Level 1||Level 2||level 3||level 4|
Richfield Public Schools reserves the right to modify the sliding fee scale and family’s gross income chart as needed.
Our ECFE program offers free home visiting by appointment for Richfield families with children between the ages of 3-5. A licensed parent educator can support you with your child’s development and connect you to community resources as needed.
Make an appointment by calling 612-243-3007 or email us at: email@example.com
- Register online through Eleyo.
- Download and complete the registration form and then send it in. Make checks payable to ISD #280 Or include your credit card information. You can get it to us in one of four ways:
- Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it to: 612-243-3067
- Drop it off at the Central Education Center (7145 Harriet Avenue South). Our office hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Mail it to:
Richfield Community Education
7145 Harriet Avenue South
Richfield, MN 55423
Important Details for Registering
- You must register and pay any fees in advance for all classes and activities.
- No walk-ins or payments at the class or event, unless otherwise noted.
- Registration begins when you receive your catalog and remains open until each class is filled or cancelled.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to register early.
- Your email address is used for your registration confirmation and receipt, and for a reminder when your class is coming up. Please include your email and keep it updated in your account.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Customer initiated cancellations received within five or more business days prior to the start of the class will qualify for a refund minus a non-refundable $10 processing fee. Cancellations made fewer than five business days prior to the start date of activity/class will not be eligible for a refund. Send or deliver cancellation or change requests in writing.
Community Education reserves the right to cancel any activity/class that does not meet minimum enrollment. You will be contacted and complete refunds will be given when this occurs.
Additional Registration Notes
- Confirmations: When you register with a valid email address, you will receive an immediate receipt/confirmation. No news is good news, so if you do not hear from us assume you are in the class.
- Accommodations: If you need a sign language interpreter, note taker or other accommodations to participate in Community Education classes, we are here to help! Please provide at least ten days notice if possible.
- For adult classes, call the Learning Exchange at 952-681-6121.
- For youth and other classes, call 612-243-3000.
- Age restrictions: Note the age or grade level specified for each class. Adult classes are open to individuals age 16 or older unless otherwise indicated.
- UCare MN: Members of UCare-eligible plans can receive $15 off their Community Education class. The UCare ID number must be provided when registering. Most plans allow three or more yearly discounts.
- Inclement Weather: Decisions for cancellations due to weather generally follow Richfield Public Schools guidelines and will be posted on local news sources, Facebook and Twitter. We will also do our best to contact participants if we have current contact information.
- ECFE Classes: Early Childhood Family Education parent and child registration is based on your child's age as of September 1.
- ECFE Sibling Care: Sibling care is available for ECFE classes on a limited basis. Registration is required.
- After School Youth Classes: Send a note to your child’s teacher with your after school class dates. Children check-in after school at the advertised classroom. Parents must pick up their child immediately after the class ends at the advertised location.