Important safety information for RPS Community Education classes and activities.
Please read thoroughly and contact us with questions if needed.
Our Community Education programs are following state and federal guidelines during this global pandemic. Please be advised that participant compliance with expectations for hygiene, health and safety must be followed. By registering and attending, parents and participants acknowledge that while staff will be taking all possible precautions, due to the highly contagious nature of the COVID-19 virus, there is a potential risk for contraction of illness as a result of participation in the program.
Face coverings required for staff and participants
Face coverings are required by all who enter District schools and facilities following the school district policy which complies with Executive Order 20-81, Executive Order 20-82, and applicable face covering requirements from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Minnesota Department of Education. The policy will remain in effect as long as these Executive Orders remain active.
Participants may remove the face covering temporarily to engage in certain activities that make wearing a face cover difficult or impractical (such as eating, drinking, participating in physical activity, playing instruments, when performing or presenting, or when the face covering will get wet). Remember to maintain social distance in these instances. Please review the DIstrict's Guide to Face Coverings for more information (English) (Spanish).
Decision to Attend Class
Do not attend class if you have one of the more common symptom associated with COVID-19:
- Fever of 100.4 F or higher
- New onset and/or worsening of cough
- Difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
OR had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with a person with confirmed COVID-19.
Note that any of these less common COVID-19 symptoms alone, or in combination, may be indicative of COVID-19 or another illness.
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Muscle pain
- Excessive fatigue
- New onset of severe headache
- New onset of nasal congestion or runny nose
If you are unsure, please use the MDH Decision Tree to evaluate your situation and determine if you can attend class.
We are limiting enrollment capacity based on guidance from MDH and the CDC. Participants are encouraged to maintain a physical distance of greater than six feet at all times. There will be minimal sharing of high-touch materials.
Tables and chairs are arranged in classrooms to ensure adequate distancing between participants. We ask that you do not move them. The goal will be to create as much space as possible for each student. Participants who would like to sit next to each other, please ask.
All participants must be pre-registered. No walk-ins or additional visitors will be allowed to stay. Attendance will be taken at all classes by the instructor.
Additional Safety Precautions
- Reminders will be posted when possible regarding social distancing, proper respiratory etiquette, hand washing and healthy participation requirements.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing is taking place in all classrooms and high touch surfaces.
- Participants are encouraged to wash hands with soap and water prior to attending and when entering the building.
- All classes will have access to hand sanitizer and/or sinks for hand washing.
- Bring your own writing utensils and paper.
- Eating and drinking during class is discouraged. If needed, bring your own water bottle.
We have a variety of options for in person, live streaming and online instruction. Choose one that’s right for you.