Important safety information for RPS Community Education classes and activities.
Please read thoroughly and contact us with questions if needed.
Our Community Education programs are following district, state and federal guidelines during this global pandemic. By registering and attending, parents and participants acknowledge that while staff will be taking all possible precautions, due to the highly contagious nature of the COVID-19 virus, there is a potential risk for contraction of illness as a result of participation in the program.
At the Richfield School Board meeting on March 7, 2022, the District adopted changes to Policy 548: COVID-19 Face Covering. These changes take effect immediately. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated their guidance on masking, as well as other COVID-19 mitigation factors. Under the new guidance, communities are rated as low, medium or high risk based on their local COVID-19 infection rates and available hospital beds. You can read the guidance and search community risk levels on the CDC website. Currently, Hennepin County is considered medium-low risk. Please review the District's Safe Learning Plan for more information.
Masks continue to be required in the following places:
- The Health Services Office in each school
- Students returning from a five-day COVID-19 quarantine need to mask for days 6-10
Face Coverings Are Recommended For:
- Students K-12, staff and visitors in all RPS buildings, regardless of vaccination status
- Individuals riding school buses/District transportation
Decision to Attend Class
- Do not attend class if you are ill or have symptoms of illness similar to COVID-19.
- Please use the MDH Decision Tree to evaluate your situation and determine if you can attend class.
Additional Safety Precautions
- Participants are encouraged to maintain physical distance.
- There will be minimal sharing of high-touch materials.
- All participants must be pre-registered. Attendance will be taken at all classes.
- Reminders will be posted when possible regarding social distancing, proper respiratory etiquette, hand washing and healthy participation requirements.
- Participants are encouraged to wash hands with soap and water prior to attending and when entering the building.
- All classes will have access to hand sanitizer and/or sinks for hand washing.
- Bring your own writing utensils and paper.
- Eating and drinking during class is discouraged. If needed, bring your own water bottle.
We have a variety of options for in person, live streaming and online instruction. Choose one that’s right for you.